HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sat 082909

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument

PostSubject: Sat 082909   Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:39 pm

So how have I spent my sunny Saturday afternoon? Waiting for the cable guy. Supposed to be here between 2 and 5. It's only 4:26 so it's not like he's late....yet....but I have a feeling. The office called at 2:12 to confirm but the driver has yet to call. So I sit. And I wait.

Since I've exhausted all possible options of play on mafia wars I thought I'd check in here with another days of our lives, well my life, update. Rob's 92 year old aunt died yesterday so he'll be leaving tomorrow for the MS coast to stay thru the funeral on Tues. He'll return only long enough to catch some zzzz's before heading to Philadelpia early Wed morning. He's spending the day doing Monday's work prepping for the Wed meeting. Guess I'll see him sometime next weekend.

Deanna has her gay guy friend over today. They went to movies last night to see Julie and Julia - his pick, btw. I think they are playing guitar hero.

I tried sitting on the patio and reading but after less than 10 minutes the mosquitos found me. It rained all day yesterday so maybe they tripled their population. *scratches*

The dump next door is still for sale. Grass has nearly covered the for sale sign. Rob looked on the county's website to see how to turn someone in for not mowing the grass. It's not an anonymous procedure, however, so he declined to do anything beyond grumble about it to me. We both decided their back yard would be the perfect place to dispose of some of our yard waste, or dead bodies should we ever need to dispose of one (or more).

The healthcare debate sure has brought out the nuts, hasn't it. No offense, baldar. And I am so not pissed, just rolling my eyes. wink1

K, 4:38...tick tock, comcast. I've been a phone nazi since 1:00, keeping the kids off the line so as not to miss your call.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please

PostSubject: Re: Sat 082909   Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:53 pm

Yep, radicals are always in the forefront of controversial legislation.....notice all the democrat congressmen/women trying to defend this piece of garbage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Sat 082909   Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:54 pm

Here's one example of a radical.....his desire is to obliterate what we now have, and turn it into what he thinks is best.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3BS4C9el98
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Sat 082909   Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:12 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Sat 082909   Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:39 pm

He showed at 5:02! And just in time for Rob to handle him as he had emerged from his home office lair (perhaps driven out of the basement by the hooping and hollaring of the teens on the wii) to join me upstairs in waiting. All's well that ends well. content Except he is going to have to schedule another appointment to run some more cable to the upstairs tv that is the problem. getu

It's funny, on facebook people from all walks of life have added each other as "friends" to play games. Then someone puts something political out there and someone with an opposite opinion just has to say something. And usually it's said in an forceful manner that seems offensive. Next, folks from each side start throwing their two cents in and we're off the to races. Ah, it feels like home.
Back to top Go down
baldar77

PostSubject: Re: Sat 082909   Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:37 pm

Well, no matter how much we ever disagree in politics, I'll never not think of you as a friend, even tho it may be just here or on another website. Politics and Religion.....the cause of most war and strife in the history of the world, usually both based on the premise of controlling people's actions or behavior in some way.....and someone willing to apply that control in a forceful or intimidating manner. Resistance to this is not radicalism, but rather an inherent human trait......the desire for living one's life as one sees fit if not causing harm to others. I gradually see this coming to an end in our nation. Maybe it's inevitable, but that doesn't mean I'll sit quietly while it happens. Our new president and his controllers don't want to govern.....they want to rule.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose

PostSubject: Re: Sat 082909   Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:14 pm

Oh, yeah, I don't take any of the political rantings personally and even though I disagree with you (nearly 100% on politics lol) I honestly have no desire to discuss any of it with you.

I have no problem with you presenting what you believe as often as you want but you won't change my mind and I won't change your mind and so....I feel responding would waste valuable time I could be pissing away on enjoyable enterprises.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sat 082909   

Back to top Go down

Sat 082909
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NOTHING TO SEE :: NOTHING WE DO FOR FUN :: The Daily Blaaaaaaaaaaahg-
Jump to: