HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Mon Nov 16, 2009

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Mon Nov 16, 2009   Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:52 pm


2009’s Word of the Year



The New Oxford American Dictionary has declared “unfriend,” meaning “to remove someone as a ‘friend’ on a social-networking site such as Facebook,” as the word of the year. “It has both currency and potential longevity,” says Christine Lindberg, senior lexicographer for Oxford’s U.S. dictionary program. “Unfriend has real lex-appeal.” The word is unique because it assumes a verb sense of “friend” that has not been used since the 17th century.Read it at OUP Blog
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Mon Nov 16, 2009   Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:55 pm


Plastic Toxins 'Feminize' Boys



Real men drink their water straight from the faucet, perhaps? Scientists at the University of Rochester say that chemicals in plastic, called phthalates, have the ability to disrupt hormones and alter brain chemistry, causing boys to be less likely to play in a masculine way. The study found that boys exposed to two types of phthalates in the womb—DEHP and DBP—were less likely to play with cars, trains, and guns and were less likely to roughhouse. Certain phthalates, which are found in a wide variety of household items, including plastic furniture and packaging, are known to mimic estrogen, but for the first time, the study suggests that some phthalates also block testosterone.Read it at BBC
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Mon Nov 16, 2009   Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:56 pm


CNN Gave Dobbs the Boot



It must feel good to be this unwanted: Lou Dobbs’ former employer, CNN, paid him an $8 million severance package for giving up his show. “They wanted him out,” a source tells the New York Post. Dobbs had a year and a half left on his $12 million contract. He will give his first post-CNN interview to Bill O’Reilly on Fox News on Monday night.Read it at New York Post
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Mon Nov 16, 2009   Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:56 pm

$8 million severance? CNN can fire me anyday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
avatar

Posts : 1675
Join date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Mon Nov 16, 2009   Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:37 pm

Rose wrote:

2009’s Word of the Year




The New Oxford American Dictionary has declared “unfriend,” meaning “to remove someone as a ‘friend’ on a social-networking site such as Facebook,” as the word of the year. “It has both currency and potential longevity,” says Christine Lindberg, senior lexicographer for Oxford’s U.S. dictionary program. “Unfriend has real lex-appeal.” The word is unique because it assumes a verb sense of “friend” that has not been used since the 17th century.
Read it at OUP Blog
At first I thought that was "unifriend", which has all kinds of connotations. Perhaps that should be a word too....for example, instead of "boyfriend" or "girlfriend", you could just call "it" a unifriend, much like unisex is used. That way, whatever your persuasion may be, no one would know. Kinda like the "don't ask, don't tell" for gays in the military. This could also be extended to uniwife or unihusband.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
avatar

Posts : 1675
Join date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Mon Nov 16, 2009   Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:41 pm

Rose wrote:

Plastic Toxins 'Feminize' Boys




Real men drink their water straight from the faucet, perhaps? Scientists at the University of Rochester say that chemicals in plastic, called phthalates, have the ability to disrupt hormones and alter brain chemistry, causing boys to be less likely to play in a masculine way. The study found that boys exposed to two types of phthalates in the womb—DEHP and DBP—were less likely to play with cars, trains, and guns and were less likely to roughhouse. Certain phthalates, which are found in a wide variety of household items, including plastic furniture and packaging, are known to mimic estrogen, but for the first time, the study suggests that some phthalates also block testosterone.
Read it at BBC
I always thought that drinking bottled water looked kinda gay. I drink my water from a creek or ditch. Knees bent, cupped hand reaching in the water, bringing it up to your mouth, horse pissing behind me running into said stream or ditch......I ask you, what could be more macho?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Mon Nov 16, 2009   Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:42 pm

That brings up a point I've pondered - gays in the military. Now, I'm all for gays serving but it does bring up a few logistical questions. Housing, for instance. We wouldn't house women and men together (at least, I don't think we would outside of emergency situations). Housing all the gays together doesn't seem to be a good solution nor does giving them all private dwellings (unless everyone has them).

Mayhap unihousing is the only answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
avatar

Posts : 1675
Join date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Mon Nov 16, 2009   Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:44 pm

Rose wrote:

CNN Gave Dobbs the Boot




It must feel good to be this unwanted: Lou Dobbs’ former employer, CNN, paid him an $8 million severance package for giving up his show. “They wanted him out,” a source tells the New York Post. Dobbs had a year and a half left on his $12 million contract. He will give his first post-CNN interview to Bill O’Reilly on Fox News on Monday night.
Read it at New York Post
Damn, Dobbs got screwed.....They paid Billy Gillispie (UK basketball coach) that much to get the hell outta town.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose
much too perspicacious to be taken in by so spurious an argument
avatar

Posts : 2262
Join date : 2007-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Mon Nov 16, 2009   Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:45 pm

baldar77 wrote:
Rose wrote:

Plastic Toxins 'Feminize' Boys




Real men drink their water straight from the faucet, perhaps? Scientists at the University of Rochester say that chemicals in plastic, called phthalates, have the ability to disrupt hormones and alter brain chemistry, causing boys to be less likely to play in a masculine way. The study found that boys exposed to two types of phthalates in the womb—DEHP and DBP—were less likely to play with cars, trains, and guns and were less likely to roughhouse. Certain phthalates, which are found in a wide variety of household items, including plastic furniture and packaging, are known to mimic estrogen, but for the first time, the study suggests that some phthalates also block testosterone.
Read it at BBC
I always thought that drinking bottled water looked kinda gay. I drink my water from a creek or ditch. Knees bent, cupped hand reaching in the water, bringing it up to your mouth, horse pissing behind me running into said stream or ditch......I ask you, what could be more macho?

Sounds like boys really are made of snips, and snails and puppy dog tails.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Rose.Dawkins
baldar77
Sinfully Hard... To Please
avatar

Posts : 1675
Join date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Mon Nov 16, 2009   Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:47 pm

Rose wrote:
That brings up a point I've pondered - gays in the military. Now, I'm all for gays serving but it does bring up a few logistical questions. Housing, for instance. We wouldn't house women and men together (at least, I don't think we would outside of emergency situations). Housing all the gays together doesn't seem to be a good solution nor does giving them all private dwellings (unless everyone has them).

Mayhap unihousing is the only answer.
Well, usually, after basic training, you live in a dorm situation, where you have your own room.....or at least one where there's only a "roomie". Barracks are way outta style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mon Nov 16, 2009   

Back to top Go down
 
Mon Nov 16, 2009
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Discuss City & Agents 2009
» Pickering Steam Rally 2009
» [PICS] 28.04.2009
» You tube video of Old Warden road run 2009
» Welland Steam Rally 24th, 25th & 26th July 2009

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NOTHING TO SEE :: NOTHING WE DO FOR FUN :: The Daily Blaaaaaaaaaaahg-
Jump to: